E-Discovery 2.0 has moved to a new location. You'll be redirected to our new home in 5 seconds. Or, you can find us at http://www.clearwellsystems.com/e-discovery-blog
You do not have to re-subscribe.

Monday, April 16, 2007

eDiscovery In The Blogosphere

It has now been over a month since I started blogging about Email Intelligence and eDiscovery, and perhaps the most pleasant surprise has been to find that I am not alone. As the chart below shows, there has been an explosion of activity around eDiscovery in the blogosphere since the FRCP Rule changes on December 1, 2006, with the happy result that today there are several voices which are well worth listening to.



To assist you in your travels, I offer a brief (and by no means comprehensive) guide to the blogs which have caught my eye. In general, they fall into 3 categories:


1. Messaging Mavens: For an entertaining look at email in the news, I would suggest Roger Matus’ Death by Email, which has everything from videos to colorful commentary. In a similar vein, Chris Foreman’s Messaging Mogul offers an interesting perspective on relevant technologies, in a way that is refreshingly free of the usual mind-numbing marketing-speak.


2. Legal Eagles: There are many lawyers who blog, often covering arcane topics or issues particular to a specific industry. But the one general, business-oriented legal blog that I would recommend is Andrew Cohen’s blog, which makes a range of complicated legal topics accessible to the general reader.


3. Article Clippers: Finally, there are the folks who helpfully collect interesting articles from around the web into a single place, so you can get a filtered view of the latest eDiscovery stories. Foremost among these is Jeff Fehrman and Bob Krantz’s edd blog online which focuses on eDiscovery and forensics.


I do not pretend to have anything close to a complete list. So if there are others worthy of a mention, please add them as a comment so that I can update my list.

1 comment:

Jerry Bui said...

I'm not sure my blog fits in any of the categories above, but I'll let you decide. Take a moment to look at E-Discovery In the Trenches.

Thanks!

Jerry